Hi, my name’s Stuart and I’m a physician who’s been involved with medication-assisted opioid addiction treatment (MAT) since 2006 and Methadone maintenance therapy (MMT)since 2008. I was formally trained in Anesthesiology and Pain management. Currently I’m a co-medical director at a small Opioid Treatment Program (“Methadone clinic”) in a small city in the U.S.A. These are my experiences, perspectives and observations from several years of working in this field.
Why do this?
- This activity provides a platform to talk about/publicize the benefits of MAT & MMT
- To “pull back the curtain”, explain & describe how and why MAT & MMT works
- Appeal to curious, prospective clients, families and clinicians
What topics will I write about?
- Anything pertaining to medication-assisted treatment of Opioid use disorder (OUD)
- Methadone & methadone maintenance therapy
- Life as a clinic client (patient)
- Issues surrounding Substance use disorders/addiction and Recovery
- Any other related topics or issues that readers would like discussed